“e-Ustad” - the e-learning portal for Indian Police
1. Due to administrative reasons like shortage of training capacity in police training institutions,
shortage of manpower strength, limitation in payment of TA / DA etc... the States are not able to provide
continuous in–service training to their police personnel.
2. Currently online reference library is not available for the Indian Police which will help them quickly
resolve any professional classification required during discharge of their function.
3. On the other hand various international law enforcement agencies like InterPol, UNDOC etc., and
other departments like NCERT, Police Academies...etc are running their e–learning portal.
4. There is also a huge amount of training material available in hard copies, book case studies etc, with
BPR&D and also various Police Academies.
5. Training Division has developed “e-Ustad”, the e–learning portal for uploading various training
materials and best practices available at BPR&D as well as to be collected from other training
institutions / various resources. This arrangement will compensate to some extent of the deficiencies of
infrastructure / training capacity in Indian Police.